There are millions of blog out in the whole World Wide Web. Interestingly, only 20% of them are being widely read by the public while the rest remains anonymous and buried in some place of the Web where nobody know.
If you fall into the above category, there are some tips for you to improve your blog’s traffic.
- Submit your URL to search engine and blog directory.
- Include your URL as a hyperlink signature in all your outgoing emails.
- Read other people’s blog and leave a comment and link back to your blog.
- Blogroll with other blogs
- Set up social network profile with MySpace, LinkedIn, Friendster etc. and include your blog URL in your profile.
- Tag all your posts using Technorati tags
- Bookmark your blog in social bookmarks. Use Furl, Digg, MyYahoo and other major social bookmark sites
- Write great content about what you know. Be an expert in your field.
- Submit articles to article directories with links pointing back to your blog
- Don’t be boring. Write something interesting.
The list is endless. For more ideas of increasing your blog’s traffic, check out http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2006/06/how_to_get_traf.html